Monday, October 13, 2008

Every year...

I’m 30. It's incredibly strange to say that but it feels good. I feel like I can say it with a certain air of authority and wisdom. It just so happened that my birthday here in Budapest coincided with Blake’s goodbye party so we combined the two and had a blast. I think I got the better end of the deal since he didn’t get a tiramisu cake with a rocket ordinance jammed in the top.

Budapest082

To really celebrate the occasion, we made the trip out to Mongolian Barbeque, an all you can eat extravaganza that’s a hell of a deal. For about $15 you get:

1. All you can eat (a) buffet, (b) meat bar where you pile your plate sky high with deliciously marinated raw meat, veggies and quail eggs, hand it to the friendly cook who sears it all on the grill and (c) desserts.
2. All you can drink wine, beer, soda, sangria, etc.
3. Five hours to do it all in (12-5).

Budapest083a

Everyone had a blast. I can’t think of a better way to spend a birthday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw shit! I totally meant to shoot you an email on your birthday and forgot. But it looks like you probably didn't miss it too much. :) I hope you are having as much fun wherever you are now as you did in Budapest. Looking forward to hearing all about it. (This is Anne...and yes...I should be writing my thesis right now but I'm not...screw it all!)

Anonymous said...

Hi Brendan! Happy Birthday! It looks like you are having a fantastic time! Will you be making it to Germany?? Cheers, Barbara & Gero (hope you remember us-camp neighbors from the "can't guarantee a bear won't break into your car" camp in the Redwoods)

justnoise said...

Barbara and Gero! Of course I remember y'all. Thanks for the birthday wishes and once again thanks for an awesome campfire time in the Redwoods. Unfortunately, I won't be making my way to Germany on this trip. It looks like it's going to be Bulgaria -> Romania -> Slovakia -> Prague and then off to Istanbul. However, I still do owe y'all a beer... perhaps next trip?

If you're ever in San Francisco again, shoot me an email or send me a note here.